Friday, August 21, 2009

Lake Life



I was swimming at Trout Lake again and along the banks I found a few schools of small fish. Three different kinds enjoying the warmest the water will ever be this summer. Funny how theyare not as scared of me as I thought they would be. Instead they swimm about me and a few actually let me touch them as they are swimming away but still I touch them. They too like the sausage that I feed them. Some of them must be the same smaller fish I fed last summer just 35 feet away arounf the big rock thats underwater and near the surface. I hope to go back one more time before the water turns cold.
I also spotted some ducklings that I saw a week earlier that had grown at the same rate as the Pigeons I raised on my balcony this year. In one week from small duck to large fully grown bird still on the small side but in one week the transformation to all real feather , enough for flight is quite astounding. Birds go through a really rapid change and quickly when growing up. I image it's 30 days between hatching and leaving the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment