Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A corner stone in my fish friends relationship.

I started feeding the wild fish on Lac Dore for the entire summer back in 1999 . Then I had a bad spell in my life that lasted quite a few years. It's still not good today but better than back then because I had to seek professional help. So I had a year of monthly appointments with a Doctor at a local Hospital.

When I would enter Queen Mary's Hospital through the front door , there was a large tropical fish tank. One fish in particula caught my eye . it was a blue fish. I used to kneel by the tank and tap a friendly message to this lonesome fish. It would come over and we would catch eyes. I would tap the tank lovingly at the bottom right hand corner. It became a game after that. When I would arrive I would go over and tap gently and amazingly enough the small blue fish would swimm over to be in front of my tapping finger. This lasted the whole year. I never tried to feed this fish either. He would catch eyes with me and sort of float there lovingly, glad for the attention directed only at him. I felt that this was indeed above and beyond what we would expect from a stray fish in a busy hospital entry but it was the case. After a year , the fish inside were changed and I lost my little fish friend.I wondered if the fish ever had dreams of me tapping on the glass saying HELLO !

No comments:

Post a Comment