Saturday, August 29, 2009

Along the shore



So I swim along the shore for about 100 meters feeding small groups of fish as I go along my way. This is fun because it's like they are expecting me. Eventually I find a group of stickle backed fish and they are only the size of small smelts. Easy pray for any bird or duck. They gather all around my knees but one to my surprise swims up right to my face and is looking at me directly. It was such a breath taking moment. I guess there is always a brave if not fool hearty one among every bunch of creatures. But it stays there longer than I can hold my breath so i must surface. I quickly grab a breath of air and return back under only to see it swimming away further under the water where the other hangout about 10 feet under by the Lakes floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment